Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I absolutely love, love the drapes in my living room.  We have lived in our home for 6 years and I finally have the drapes I have always wanted.  When we first bought our home in 2004, I installed very plain, dull, boring  curtains.  They were dark taupe and linen.  As you can tell in my picture, our walls are a light taupe, called Latte, by Sherwin Williams.  I was in desperate need of some color and drama.  When I found this beautiful fabric at Interior Fabrics in Oklahoma City, my mind was made up.  It was just what I was looking for . . . something that made a statement, something dramatic and something classic.


My favorite part of my living room drapes is the back side.  I know, the side you don't even get to see!  Anytime someone new comes to visit, I have to show them the back of the drapes.  I used a beautiful lime green dupioni silk.  


I'm sure some of you may not have chosen lime green and honestly, I usually would not have either, but, since I was aiming for drama and color, I decided to be bold.  I took a chance and I love the way they turned out.

1 comment: